WELD PRODUCTION ASSOCIATE – ELORA
Weld Production Associate
Jefferson Elora Corporation
JEC is an auto-parts manufacturer based in beautiful Elora, Ontario just a short drive from Guelph, Kitchener, Waterloo and Orangeville. We specialize in Metal Stamping and Robotic Welding. JEC is committed to using unique and specialized manufacturing techniques for the timely delivery of the highest quality products at the lowest possible cost. Our associates are our most valuable resources; we celebrate our milestones, team achievements and successes on a regular basis! We have social events regularly and a full service cafeteria for our associates to enjoy!
Close to Public Transit:
Days: 6 a.m.-3 p.m.; Afternoons: 3:30 p.m.-12 a.m. or 4:30 p.m.-1 a.m. 2 week rotation
Summary: Tends one or more machine tools, special purpose machines, or industrial robots to machine metal work pieces to specifications on production basis by performing the following duties.
- Lifts work piece manually or using hoist and secures work piece in fixture or loads automatic feeding device
- Operation of Machinery/ Inspection of Quality / Reporting daily production
- Set up and adjust equipment for daily operations
- Replaces worn and damaged equipment
- Maintain and inspect production equipment for daily operation
- Other duties may be assigned
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Language Skills: Ability to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other associates of the organization.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the associate is regularly required to stand. The associate is frequently required to walk and reach with hands and arms. The associate is occasionally required to use hands to, handle, or feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The associate must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and depth perception.
How to Apply:
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the associate is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The associate is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.