VARIOUS POSITIONS – ST. JACOBS
Building our Mayk Team: Are you the next Mayk game-changer? Mayk Ideas is a growing creative consultancy based in Toronto, St. Jacobs’s, ON and London, UK. We are an energetic, committed and results-driven team of marketing, writing and design professionals looking for like-minded creators and marketers to join our agency.
Close to Public Transit:
Graphic Design Intern
- This intern will assist our design team in creating small- and large-scale marketing and communications pieces for our clients and the Mayk Ideas brand. In particular, they will help the team with visual design, including typography, visual concepts and identity-based design for web and print. In addition, they will gain experience in providing web-based support for email marketing, multimedia development, social media, website management, photography and videography. Web development experience is considered a definite asset. This position is ideally suited to a post-secondary student pursuing their studies in graphic design or web development.
- Assists the Chief Creative Officer and the marketing management team with general administrative activities including selected research and data collection, events, scanning, filing, general office support, data entry. The administrative intern will gain hands-on experience in the day-to-day management of operations as well as project and time management.
- Supports the Chief Creative Officer and the marketing team with administrative, sales, marketing and/or business development activities. The intern will assist with data collection, new project set-up, delivery of client materials, preparation of briefs and presentations including research, coordination of meetings and events; general research and input into systems. Experience working with data and project management systems is considered a definite asset.
- The Assistant will support our Chief Creative Officer (CCO), with all day-to-day business activities and must have excellent judgement and discretion. As a positive, well-organized, enthusiastic professional, the assistant will have the flexibility and skills to manage competing priorities. The ideal candidate will use their experience and technical skills to manage the CCOs diary, create and edit documents and correspondence, coordinate and manage projects and events, and research and communicate findings related to corporate and client initiatives.
- This role will ensure that scope and direction is clear and on-schedule, from pre-planning to close of a project. The project manager will establish and communicate project plans to all relevant members of the team involved; identify, coordinate and manage internal resources; manage budgets and timelines; and monitor and report on campaign effectiveness.
- A sales professional with an eye for market trends and the drive to translate that knowledge into leads and client acquisition.
- Focus on the acquisition of new accounts through strategies like client relationship management, lead generation, networking and industry/sector
How to Apply:
Please submit your resume and a cover letter explaining why you should be our next Mayker. The submission should have: “(Your Name) – (Job Name) Application” as the subject line. firstname.lastname@example.org. In addition, please respond to the following questions in the body of your email:
- Give us a two or three sentence summary of your academic and /or professional background.
- Tell us about a specific accomplishment from your background that explains how you fit our candidate description above.
- Tell us about a special project you’ve worked on and what your biggest accomplishment was.