STAMPING ASSOCIATE – ELORA
Jefferson Elora Corporation
JEC is an auto-parts manufacturer based in beautiful Elora, Ontario just a short drive from Guelph, Kitchener, Waterloo and Orangeville. We specialize in Metal Stamping and Robotic Welding. JEC is committed to using unique and specialized manufacturing techniques for the timely delivery of the highest quality products at the lowest possible cost. Our associates are our most valuable resources; we celebrate our milestones, team achievements and successes on a regular basis! We have social events regularly and a full service cafeteria for our associates to enjoy!
Close to Public Transit:
Days: 6 a.m.-3 p.m.; Afternoons: 3:30 p.m.-12:00 a.m. or 4:30 p.m.-1:00 a.m. 2 week rotation
Summary Sets up and operates stamping machines to trim, punch, shape, notch, draw, or crimp metal, composite, by performing the following duties:
- Assembles, installs, and aligns dies in press according to specifications.
- Load coils for continuous operation.
- Starts press and observes operation to detect misalignment or malfunction.
- Inspects work pieces for conformance to specifications (Quality checks)
- Occasional support with training new hires and agency associates
- Other duties may be assigned
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write day to day correspondence and paperwork.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other associates of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply understanding to carry out written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Regularly required to stand, frequently required to walk; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear.
- Occasionally required to use hands to handle, or feel and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and depth perception.
How to Apply:
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the associate is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The associate is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.