STAINER/SANDER – GUELPH
Woodlawn Furniture Market Inc. is growing! Working with local Mennonites, we are a premier manufacturer and distributor of fine, solid wood handcrafted furniture. The Stainer/Sander at Woodlawn Furniture Market Inc. focuses on staining or sanding, specifically within our Spray booth and/or Sanding cell. The role requires the candidate to appreciate the various qualities and character of wood, as well as expectations of customers. An attention to detail complements the candidate’s skills and requirements.
Close to Public Transit:
Current shift is 7:45 am-5 pm Monday to Friday. Overtime may be required to meet targeted deadlines.
Excellent benefits available at 3 months.
- Stain and wipe furniture using pneumatic spray tools; wipe by hand
- Prepare furniture and fixture parts using hand and power tools (i.e. orbital sander) in either Sanding Area or Spray Booth when required (seal sand)
- Identify blemishes on wood surface and determine repair or replacement; may need to add epoxy/wood filler
- Stain or finish wood products to specified colour with stains (This would occur within our Spray Booth and may include using hand-held spray equipment or by hand)
- Inspect furniture and fixture subassemblies and finished products for conformance and assemble to quality standards (assembly of furniture in QC/Prepping area)
- Install hardware such as hinges, clasps on furniture or fixtures or sort, pack, assemble, wrap/package furniture and components
- Maintain a clean working environment and equipment
- Record minor adjustments and repairs
- Transport items within warehouse using hand lift
- Load/unload delivery trucks if warranted
- Assist colleagues as required
- Perform other duties as requested
- Familiarity and interest in wood/wood products and/or furniture
- Attention to detail
- Good communication skills, accepting instructions
- Willingness to learn, work at steady pace
- Keep up in a fast-paced environment
- Positive and conscientious attitude
- Ability to lift large, heavy items (individually and with assistance when required)
- Willingness to support colleagues
- Steel-toed footwear
- Operate small motorized tools
- Appreciate the importance of good safety practices and procedures (PPE)
- Flexibility when needed (may require overtime to complete projects)
- Comfortable wearing half-respirator and dust mask; and hearing protection
How to Apply:
Send resume to email@example.com Please include job title. Woodlawn Furniture Market Inc. welcomes and encourages applications from individuals with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.