PROPERTY MAINTENANCE WORKER – BELWOOD/ORANGEVILLE
Property Maintenance Worker
We are Canada’s largest service provider to families with children, adolescents, and adults, with Autism Spectrum Disorder. Since 1974 Kerry’s Place has been creating, and providing evidence-based supports and services across the province of Ontario that enhance the quality of life of those with ASD. TODAY, WE ARE ENVISIONING A FUTURE WHERE ALL PERSONS WITH AUTISM SPECTRUM DISORDER ARE PARTICIPATING FULLY IN THEIR COMMUNITIES.
Close to Public Transit:
Days, evenings and weekends; flexibility required
35 hours per week
$21.38-$26.73 per hour
- Through actions, supports the Mission, Vision, Values and Strategic Plan of Kerry’s Place.
- Reviews and adheres to all Policies and Procedures, including: Finance & Administration; Services & Supports; Human Resources; Health & Safety, and all other.
- Adheres to employee responsibilities for Health & Safety as defined by the Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA) and applicable regulations.
- Complies with the Building Code, Fire Code and the Occupational Health & Safety Act and inspects all fire and other safety equipment on a regular basis.
- Performs general and specialized maintenance and repairs to residential sites under the direction of the Director of Services and Supports.
- Provides maintenance, installation and repair services for appliances, routine plumbing, carpentry, painting and basic electrical work.
- Ensure all areas are free of hazards and where not able to resolve, ensure the Director of Services and Supports or Managers are informed for immediate resolution.
- Respond to after-hours emergencies when on call.
- Performs other duties and projects as determined by the Director of Services and Supports or their delegate.
- Completion of High School or general education degree (GED)
- Certification/License from one of the trade professions would be a definite asset
- 3+ years of experience in a multi-residential or other related industry
- Experience with plumbing, electrical, drywall, carpentry, painting, etc.
- French language is an asset
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to accurately listen, understand and respond to issues appropriately
- Superior organizational and time management skills with the ability to multi-task/prioritize and work under tight timelines
- Strong problem solving skills
- Sound listening and judgement skills
- Ability to work and act independently using good judgement when accessing difficult situations
- A demonstrated high degree of integrity, diplomacy, discretion
How to Apply:
Internal applicants – Please apply through ADP. Log in and go to Myself > Talent > Career Centre External applicants apply at: www.kerrysplace.org/employment
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
- Must have a Valid Class G driver’s license
- Proficient with use of basic handheld and electrical tool
- Flexibility needed to work on weekends, weeknights and holidays
- Must use own tools