PERSONAL SUPPORT WORKER – GUELPH
Personal Support Worker
Bayshore Home Care
Bayshore Home Care is a fully licensed, bonded and insured home health agency providing premium home health services. There is a difference when you work with Bayshore Home Care. We strive to maintain the health and well-being of our clients in a manner that is most comfortable for them, while keeping their environment safe and secure. For more information, visit http://www.bayshorehomecare.com.
Close to Public Transit:
Sign on bonuses up to $1,000 - $18-$19/hr depending on experience. We also offer travel allowance between clients
- Assist clients who are receiving care through the LHIN, in the activities of daily living. These duties may include:
- Personal care within the provincial scope of practice for a Personal Support Worker (PSW); such as skin care, hair care, mouth care, bathing, bowel and bladder care, positioning and movement, exercise, basic wound care, feeding including special diets, and assistance with oxygen administration and medication reminder.
- Specialized, client specific procedures (Where training was provided).
- Complete other tasks as requested.
Education (any of the below)
- Graduation from an accredited Personal Support Worker Program.
- HSW level 2 or 3
- Personal Attendant
- Nursing student with 1st year successfully completed
- Foreign trained nurses/Physician
- Persons with experience in providing home care services
- At least one year of recent personal care experience in a similar position or life experience in which similar duties were completed.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing in English. Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to work independently and as part of a team; able to stand, bend, squat, kneel and reach freely; able to freely lift 23 kilograms; able to travel locally from assignment to assignment
How to Apply:
Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Location: Multiple job openings in Kitchener, Waterloo and Surrounding Areas, Cambridge, Guelph & Fergus areas. Candidates should have a reliable mode of transportation as this is home care and they have to travel to see multiple clients in a day.