OVERNIGHT AWAKE – BELWOOD
Kerry’s Place offers a competitive overall compensation package for our full time permanent employees which includes but is not limited to: paid Vacation; paid Personal Emergency Leave; and additional paid Flexible time; employer paid group Health and Dental benefits; and the employer matched Pension Plan. We also provide developmental and training opportunities such as Nonviolent Crisis Intervention (CPI), Autism Spectrum Disorder specific training, CPR/First Aid etc.
Close to Public Transit:
Overnights, Holidays; flexibility required
37.5 hours per week
$17.98-$18.93 per hour
Reporting to the Manager, the Overnight Awake will provide support to ensure the safety, comfort, well-being and security of each supported person during the overnight hours. Consistent with Kerry’s Place Autism Services Mission, Vision, Values and Policies and Procedures and with regulations/directives issued by the Ministry of Community and Social Services (MCSS), it is a requirement of this position to respond to all requests for assistance, be they from a supported person, or as a result of an emergency situation, with minimal delay and/or trauma to the supported person.
- Remain awake throughout the respective shift; monitor Individuals and offer counselling, care-giving to Individuals as needed
- Make a record of each Individual’s overnight status and report any occurrence that is especially noteworthy and/or represents a departure from usual night time behaviour patterns
- Be completely familiar with fire drill procedures (and ensure other staff members are also apprised) in order to correctly react to an emergency
- Adhere to all established directives and polices concerning the health, safety and well-being of Individuals, the administration of designated medication(s), the supervision and counselling of Individuals and their performance/behavioural issues. Record, in the communication book, any and all unexpected incidents
- Prepare all designated documentation such as: daily log recording, supported person information update, hours worked, medication dispensing notification and the like.
- Follow procedures for the treatment of an Individual experiencing disturbed sleep patterns. Recommend solutions to resolve such patterns whenever feasible
- Receive, respond to, and record incoming calls. Provide response to standard questions, avoiding discussions concerning an Individual or Kerry’s Place policy matters
- Be involved in staff meetings and relevant staff training/development sessions (i.e. first aid, non-violent crisis prevention institute training, fire/safety procedures, etc.)
- The above list is not all inclusive.
- Completion of Human Services Diploma from a recognized Community College or University or completion of Ontario Secondary School (or equivalent) and one year of related experience (preferably supporting persons diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder)
- Solid communication skills both verbal and written
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work in a team
- Demonstrated flexibility, creativity and sound judgment
- Must have the ability to physically support children, youth and adults with Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Must have the ability to complete the NVCI certification as well as perform the required physical techniques; training will be provided
- A valid Driver’s License, with a minimum G2 and a reliable vehicle
- French language skills will be considered an asset.
How to Apply:
- Internal applicants – Please apply through ADP. Log in and go to Myself > Talent > Career Centre
- External applicants - Click here to apply
- This position is open to Internal and External applicants. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- We thank all applicants for your interest in Kerry’s Place Autism Services.
In addition to a competitive compensation package, we focus on health and wellness including fitness and family- focused benefits and work life balance.