NATIVE PLANT NURSERY TECHNICIAN – ALMA
Native Plant Nursery Technician
Grand Moraine Growers
Paul Shepherd, Nursery Manager and co-owner, has over 35 years of experience with plant propagation, maintenance and horticultural landscape design. Some of his work has received awards, such as the gardens at his former heritage residence in Guelph, which were recognized by the Guelph Horticultural Society, and featured on a garden tour. Paul is also a certified Independent Seed Collector with the Forest Gene Conservation Association. Jim Dougan, co-owner of the nursery, is a botanist with 45 years’ experience in the study of native plants and their communities. Jim is an educator and also is a Director for an environmental consulting business, Dougan & Associates, Ecological Consulting and Design, based in Guelph, Ontario.
Close to Public Transit:
Spring to fall 2019
8 am to 4 p.m., schedule rotation over alternate weekends. Alternating weekends required. Full time, Seasonal . 40 hours a week; Part Time negotiable
Hourly rate subject to qualifications and experience
- Working with and propagating native plants, watering, seedling work
- Assisting customers
- Preparing customers’ orders
- Weeding, mulching, field planting and digging
- Some landscaping and heavy work along with general cleanup
- Experience in the nursery trade or working with container plants, particularly natives and asset.
- Must have own transportation, living in the Center Wellington area an asset.
- A history of work in a rural environment would be helpful
How to Apply:
Email resume to Paul Shepherd: email@example.com
- Vigorous outdoor work exposure to the outdoor elements.
- Position could extend into the fall on a part time basis on weekends.
- Excellent opportunity to learn about indigenous native plants and general nursery and horticultural techniques.