MEAT CUTTERS/BUTCHERS – BRESLAU
Conestoga Meat Packers, 313 Menno Street, Breslau. No public transportation available, transportation assistance may be available
Conestoga Meat Packers located in Breslau, Ontario is a vertically integrated processor of premium quality, fresh pork.
Number of Positions:
Close to Public Transit:
Monday to Friday
40 hour week. Day shift starting at 6:00 a.m. and afternoon shift at 2:30 p.m.
Competitive wages (ranges from $17.95 per hour to $21.75 per hour), Afternoon shift premium of 50 cents, competitive benefits
- Cut, trim and prepare standard cuts of meat
- Remove bones from meat
- Prepare special orders.
- Wrap and package prepared meats
- Train meat cutters
- Use manual cutting utensil
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Completion of High School
- Commitment to safety and quality processes
- 1-2 years butcher/knife experience required
- Previous experience in retail/wholesale butchery environment.
- Butchery course an asset
- Ability to stand and perform repetitive physical tasks for extended periods of time
- Attention to detail and work well with others
- Perform critical thinking, have significant use of memory and continuous learning
- Excellent hand-eye coordination and decision making skills
- Basic English communication skills
- Basic security clearance
How to Apply:
Please upload/send your resume in confidence to http://conestogameats.com or fax to (519-648-3421). We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those invited to participate in our recruitment process will be contacted.
Work Conditions and Environment:
- Physically demanding
- Fast-paced environment
- Handling heavy loads
- Cold/refrigerated environment
- Some areas may have odours
- Wholesaler, meat packing establishment