MANUFACTURING ENGINEER – ELORA
Polycorp Ltd. is the industry leader in the design and manufacture of engineered polymer products for a global customer base in the Transportation, Mining and Protective Linings industries. Poly Corp Ltd. Is based in the picturesque Town of Elora ON. The company offers employees, competitive compensation, excellent benefits and enjoyable coworkers. The company is not a far drive from Guelph or Kitchener -Waterloo (30 minute drive). We are looking for a Manufacturing Engineer. The successful candidate will be responsible for the design, development of products, evaluates manufacturing processes by designing and conducting research programs; applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials; conferring with equipment vendors; soliciting observations from operators.
Close to Public Transit:
- Manage program quality launches; complete Supplier and Customer sampling, control plan requirements; ensuring that all products shipped meet all Customer dimensional, material and systems specifications or documented deviations to those specifications.
- Independently design, execute and evaluate quality systems particular to assigned products, such as FMEA, control plans, PPAP requirements, etc.
- Improve the material flows within the plant to reduce waste and drive the processes.
- Able to develop, keep up-to-date and use Value Stream Maps
- Develop and contribute as an active member to the APQP Process
- Optimizing all parameters to attain maximum running efficiencies for each job through creation of Standardized Work procedures (line speeds, cycle times, TaKT times, etc.)
- Leading tool designs/gauges to ensure they are built to deliver customer deliverables and will run to the quoted standard
- Ensure all products (purchased and manufactured) are to the appropriate engineering change level.
- Actively Respond to CARs, 8Ds, ECRs or employee suggestions assigned.
- Ensure enforcement and compliance of Customer Specific Requirements, QMS (ISO9001 / TS16949), EMS (ISO14001), and security (PIP) requirements.
- Strive for the highest possible Customer rating
- Initiate and/or participate in continuous improvement activities.
- Master in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent with 3-5 years manufacturing experience
- ASQ “Certified Quality Engineer” certification an asset
- Ability to interpret engineering drawings and math data including GD &T
- Working knowledge of statistical techniques
- Strong technical background
- Proficient with RED “X” or similar root causing tools, SPC/CIP and Six Sigma techniques, Lean Manufacturing, FMEA, APQP, and DOE
- Well-developed communication, organizational, interpersonal and analytical abilities
How to Apply:
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com with Manufacturing Engineer in the subject headline