MANAGER – GUELPH
Manager, Community Supports Services
Guelph Wellington Seniors Association
Would you like to help seniors improve their quality of life? Resumes are being accepted for the position of Manager – Community Support Services with the Guelph Wellington Seniors Association. Responsibilities of this position include:
- Provide leadership to staff and volunteers in the delivery of seniors programming (facility and in-home based programming);
- Develop proposals, deliver services and provide reports associated with local, provincial and federal funding streams;
- Evaluate and report on Community Support Service programming;
- Represent Community Support Services on behalf of the Guelph Wellington Seniors Association in our community, with our patrons, partners and greater network of stakeholders; and
- Take an active role in volunteer management and service delivery.
- The Manager reports to the Guelph Wellington Seniors Association’s Board of Directors.
Close to Public Transit:
September 23, 2019
30 hours per week with some scheduling flexibility. Occasional evening and weekend shifts will be required.
This 30 hour per week position offers an hourly range of $30.00 to $34.00 dependent on education and experience.
Assess community needs and requirements for programs and services, including demographic analysis of population changes and projected seniors’ growth in Guelph.
- Develop, deliver and evaluate Community Support Services programs and services that focus on community needs and are consistent with the GWSA’s mission, values and desired outcomes for older adults in our community.
- Prepare and monitor program operating budgets; provide input and expert advice on operating budgets related to community partnerships, as needed.
- Assess equipment/program supply needs and initiate purchasing process.
- Oversee the planning and delivery of a semi-annual Public Education Series related to topics of interest to older adults.
- Provide 1:1 support to families, caregivers and clients who telephone or come to the Evergreen Seniors Centre.
- Manage client referrals and intakes. Establish and monitor client records. Monitor follow-up services as appropriate.
- Maintain a current knowledge of trends and best practices as they relate to seniors programming.
- Lead, recruit, train, mentor and evaluate program staff including administrative assistant, exercise program coordinator, nutrition program coordinator, outreach program coordinator as well as volunteers.
- Liaise and work collaboratively with community groups, outside agencies, organizations and funders in the delivery of community and in-home based programs and services.
- Seek and develop funding proposals that support the work plan of Community Support Services and the GWSA.
- Support the development of marketing for Community Support Services programs and special events.
- Perform other duties as required.
Experience related to the duties listed above, normally acquired through the completion of a College Diploma and/or University Degree in healthcare, social work, non-profit management and/or gerontology. Candidates with an equivalent education and experience may be considered.
- Minimum five years’ supervisory/leadership experience in healthcare, social work, or community/older adult centres.
- Proven ability to work with older adults in an inclusive and respectful manner.
- Knowledge of community supports and services for seniors.
- Experience with grant-funded programs.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with a demonstrated ability to present and participate in multiple community settings.
- Strong written and oral communication skills. Confident public speaker.
- Experience working with multiple stakeholders, volunteers and staff in the delivery of older adult initiatives and programming.
- Proven ability to build relationships with community stakeholders including funding agencies and the business community.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and interruptions, and to work effectively both as a team manager and team member.
- Experience in preparing and presenting monthly, quarterly and annual reports on programming, budgets, outcomes, etc. for multiple audiences.
- Proficient computer skills with Microsoft Office and Windows.
- Must have own transportation and a valid driver’s license.
- In emergency, must be able to notify emergency services and perform CPR for a distressed client. Must be able and willing to complete appropriate CPR training.
How to Apply:
Applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and resume by August 19, 2019 to Becky.Fiedler@gwsa-guelph.ca or The Guelph Wellington Seniors Association 683 Woolwich Street Guelph, ON N1H 3Y8 Attention: Becky Fiedler, President