COOK – GUELPH
Ignatius Jesuit Centre
The Ignatius Jesuit Centre is seeking an enthusiastic and passionate Cook to join our full-time Kitchen team; someone whose knowledge and experience of food includes an understanding of local, organic, vegetarian, sustainable & ethical food production. Our kitchen operates in a holistic manner from food preparation to planning and cleaning. We provide 3 meals daily to those on silent retreats: from weekend retreats to 40-day training programs to a 3-month live-in program as well as to our conference and business clients.
Close to Public Transit:
December 17 or later as negotiated
Full time permanent salaried position
- Can you work calmly under pressure with a positive ‘whatever is needed’ attitude;
- Do you know how to think outside of the box and grasp that big picture;
- Are you solutions-oriented; adaptable to change such as the needs of an expanding client base;
- Can you commit to working in a cooperative and kind environment;
- Are you responsible and able to work with limited supervision and as part of an active team;
- Do you have solid organization skills, an attention to detail, the ability to prioritize your work, and are you simply wonderful at multitasking;
- Will you be open and willing to working evenings, holidays and weekends;
- Do you have experience in high volume kitchens working within a small and dedicated team?
How to Apply:
If this resonates with you then please let us know why and tell us what you would bring to the Ignatius Jesuit Centre's kitchen! We thank all applicants; only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Apply to email@example.com with cover letter and resume.
We offer a fully employer paid Extended Health & Benefits Plan and an employer matched Pension Plan. This position offers the full-time cook a chance to break away from the hourly job and experience the security of a salaried wage.