CNC & MANUAL PRESS SET UP OPERATORS – GUELPH
CNC & Manual Press Set Up Operator
The Goal of Metalumen Manufacturing is to become the leading manufacturer of architectural lighting products in North America. We deal honestly and fairly with our customers and fellow employees. We will endeavor to provide the highest levels of quality throughout design and manufacturing. Outstanding customer service and reliability are essential in all actions of the employees of this organization. We will create and maintain a learning and educational environment by focusing on service. We will be inventive in our process.
Close to Public Transit:
Position SummaryReporting to the Press Shop Supervisor, the incumbent is responsible for setting up, training, and operating CNC and Manual machines. The primary responsibilities of this position are to set-up and operate equipment in a safe manner to produce quality parts that meet or exceed the customer’s requirement.
- Set-up and operate CNC and/or Manual machines as per drawing/blue prints and according to established procedures.
- Use a vernier and protractor to read tolerances. Follow First-off and In-process procedures to ensure quality of material. Identify and isolate parts that do not conform to specification
- Bar coding information relating to the operation being performed, into the computer system according to procedures.
- Lift up to 30 pounds and able to use a lifting device for all lifts over 30 pounds.
- Other duties as required.
- Knowledgeable, comfortable, and well experienced with Manual and CNC brake press and punches.
- 2 –3 years experience in a manufacturing environment would be an asset.
- Forklift and Raymond Reach License an asset. Light Overhead Crane operation experience.
- Meticulous attention to detail and quality are essential.
- Understanding of metric system and use of measuring devices.
- Sense of urgency, team work and cooperation skills
- Able and willing to work two shifts.
- Able to work in a physically demanding environment.
- Must be able to follow standard work instructions and read blue prints.
- Safety conscious, dedicated and reliable worker.
How to Apply:
Send resume to Dasha (Dariya) Dec at firstname.lastname@example.org