BREAD BAKER – ELORA
Elora Bread Trading Co.
The Elora Bread Trading Co. is an artisan bakery that focuses on long-fermentation, small-batch sourdough bread production. We service the Elora and Fergus community primarily through retail, and the Guelph and Waterloo regions for wholesale. Our wholesale commitments are very important to the success of the bakery and therefore the timely, accurate production of bread is paramount. Our bakery is small and we work within direct view of our customers. This requires that all of us work cleanly, efficiently and mindfully within the space. Do you live to see your loaf rise? Love being up before the crack of dawn? Revel in the heat of hot ovens? We're now accepting resumes for a passionate bread baker. Let us know why you want to bake bread!
Close to Public Transit:
Working up to 40-44 hours a week
- Efficient production of our handcrafted sourdough bread, baked goods, and other food prep task.
- Rotating between performing the morning bake routine and afternoon mixing routine.
- Baking all breads following baking guidelines and baking pastries for the day
- Setting up display case
- Feeding the sourdough starter
- Accurately fulfilling wholesale orders
- Accurately weighing out all ingredients for the next day’s mix
- Baking an pre-weighed goods waiting for the oven
- Mixing all bread doughs, folding bread doughs, and monitoring dough proofing
- Pre-shaping and shaping loaves; accurately timing in the retardation of the bread in the fridge
- Prepping any additional pastries or doughs for the next day’s bake
- Maintaining the cleanliness and safe operation of the equipment (oven, mixers, etc.) and workspace
- Refilling ingredient containers
- Helping out as needed with other roles in the bakery; i.e. assisting customers; POS and cash handling
- Has a passion for baking and service; has strong communication skills and is friendly
- Detail oriented & able to follow directions; mindfulness of time & action, and a conscientious work ethic
- Able to work efficiently with little to no supervision, work together as part of a team in view of customers
- Is physically fit and able to lift at least 30lbs; has safe food handling certification
How to Apply:
Email resume to Faith at email@example.com with Bread Maker - Elora Bread Trading Co. in subject line, or deliver in person to Faith at 2nd Chance Employment Counselling, 160 St. David St. South, Unit 104, Fergus