BAKERY ASSISTANT – ELORA
Elora Bread Trading Co.
The Elora Bread Trading Co. is an artisan bakery that focuses on long-fermentation, small-batch sourdough bread production. We service the Elora and Fergus community primarily through retail, and the Guelph and Waterloo regions for wholesale. Our wholesale commitments are very important to the success of the bakery and therefore the timely, accurate production of bread is paramount. Our bakery is small and we work within direct view of our customers. This requires that all of us work cleanly, efficiently and mindfully within the space.
Close to Public Transit:
7 (8 hour) shifts over a 2 week period (24 hours one week and 32 hours the next)
- Assisting in the efficient production of handcrafted sourdough bread, baked goods, & other food prep task.
- Set up display case
- Feed the sourdough starter and accurately weigh ingredients for mix
- Mixing all bread doughs; folding bread doughs & monitoring dough proofing
- Pre-shaping & shaping loaves; weighing & measuring ingredients for other baked goods & pastries
- Accurately timing in the retardation of the bread in the fridge
- Preparing fillings (e.g. fruit pie filling)
- Ensuring proper storage & labeling of doughs, ingredients & other food items
- Providing friendly and knowledgeable customer service
- Using the in-store POS system accurately and handling cash
- Cleaning and putting away dishes and containers
- Maintaining the cleanliness and safe operation of the equipment (oven, mixers, etc.) & workspace
- Helping out as needed with other roles in the bakery
- Has a passion for baking and service
- Has strong communication skills and is friendly
- Detail oriented and able to follow directions
- Able to work efficiently with little to no supervision, work together as part of a team in view of customers
- Mindfulness of time and action, and a conscientious work ethic
- Is physically fit and able to lift at least 30lbs; has safe food handling certification
How to Apply:
Email resume to Faith at email@example.com with Part-Time Bakery Assistant; Elora Bread Trading Co. in subject line, or deliver in person to Faith at 2nd Chance Employment Counselling, 160 St. David St. South, Unit 104, Fergus.