1st COOK – GUELPH
Close to Public Transit:
Job Purpose:Preparing & cooking of restaurant menu items. Scope: Perform routine duties in the daily preparation & cooking of the menu items within the hotel, under close supervision while following hotel standards, policies, procedures. Ensure all areas are maintained in a state of cleanliness. Duties:
- Expectation: To prepare and produce, according to company specification all items pertaining to the designated station.
- Responsible to ensure staff maintains work areas in a clean, orderly manner and that all staff abides by policies of the Health & Safety authority.
- Assist in the development of new menu items.
- Maintain the proper, orderly rotation of stock, maintain minimal inventory and minimize waste.
- Supervise employees in kitchen area on his/her shift.
- Responsible for successfully prioritizing mise en place.
- Responsible for complete breakfast service.
- To be familiar with all kitchen equipment, and to familiarize oneself with their immediate surroundings.
- To be completely familiar with menu specifications and portions size.
- To be conscientious about reducing waste.
- Prepare the orders immediately upon receipt and communicate efficiently with the service staff.
- To prepare all items required for the next meal.
- To leave area completely clean, organized and restock line for following shift.
- To perform other duties as required by Executive Chef.
- To be knowledgeable of all company policies and adhere to them.
- Continuous standing, walking, bending and twisting motion.
- Reaching heights of approximately 6 ft and depths of 2-1/2 to 3 ft.
- Reaching forward and pulling back motion.
- Neck, wrist, and hand movement.
- Back, shoulder and arm movement.
- Must have high level of mobility/ flexibility in space provided.
- Must be able to work under heavy pressure/ stress during busy times.
- Basic skills such as sanitation, safety and customer service can be taught through in house training.
- Attention to detail.
- Organizational skills.
- Basic reading, writing and math skills.
- Must be able to perform under pressure.
- Must have strong multi-tasking abilities.
- Minimum 3rd year apprenticeship.
- 3-4 years cooking experience in a hotel or restaurant environment / Roadhouse experience.
- Maintain and practice a safe working environment as outline in the Corporation's Health & Safety Manual, for self, fellow employees and guest.
- Uses personal protective equipment as applicable.
- Follows WHMIS Training.
- Know and uses emergency procedures - fire, guest security.
- Reports potential problems & hazards.
How to Apply:
Please forward resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with 1st Cook in the subject line